Regarding the wiki...

Discussion in 'General' started by PhysicalNova, Jun 25, 2018.

1. PhysicalNova

PhysicalNova Member

It's been a long time since I've started to play with galacticraft. And the wiki has always helped me, and certainly many other. But it seems there are missing informations or false ones, since updates. Is there a way to contribute to the wiki ?
    I thank everyone who will take the time to respond ! (I also thank the developpers of Galacticraft and the staff of course ! )

2. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes. You can create an account and start editing.

Open https://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Main_Page, down at the footer you'll find "Login / Create Account", click on it. Later tell me if everything goes ok.

Don't be afraid to write as I or somebody else might review it or fix something. :)

3. PhysicalNova

PhysicalNova Member

Everything went alright. Thank you for responding ! Have a nice day !

Ezer'Arch likes this.
  4. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the mass editing. :)

5. PhysicalNova

PhysicalNova Member

You're welcome ! :)

6. PhysicalNova

PhysicalNova Member

Well... I'd like to help further, like adding images. But how to get the block to look like it's in the inventory ? (With the model etc.) Is it an image from an ingame screenshot or is it in the textures folders ? I searched a bit but found nothing...

7. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

#7 Ezer'Arch, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    PhysicalNova likes this.
  8. QuadShot

QuadShot Member

@Ezer'Arch Yes Please! A tutorial would help! Thanks in advance!

Ezer'Arch likes this.
  9. PhysicalNova

PhysicalNova Member

Ezer'Arch likes this.
  10. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

I just need to get around to doing it... reinstalling mod and etc. I know how to do that in 1.7.10, not in 1.12+. Might take a while.

*thumbs up*

11. QuadShot

QuadShot Member

@Ezer'Arch No worries, I think I got this though. I grabbed the mod and read through the "copious" amounts of documentation...I'm going to try it later "tonight" to see how it goes. If I have problems or questions I'll drop a line here.

12. PhysicalNova

PhysicalNova Member

Actually, I' really bad at taking screenshots (Plus I'm quite lazy, and if it's too complicated, I might abandon really quickly :-/). But I think I've found another way to do it. Simply open the inventory, take a screenshot (where there are all the blocks you want), edit, resize, and you should be good to go right ? I might have to try it to confirm it tought, when I'll have time. If this doesn't work or isn't ok, let me know please.
    Have a nice day !

13. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA... *breathes* Just come to say I didn't forget it.

I've just checked the Mineshot repo. It seems the latest release is for 1.12. I might give it a shot.

14. PhysicalNova

PhysicalNova Member

I just need a feedback... I added a placeholder image for the scorched rock : https://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Scorched_rock
    I know it's low quality, but is it ok ? If it is, I might do it with other missing blocks. If anyone can do them better, and has the time, feel free to do it !
    Thanks in advance !

15. QuadShot

QuadShot Member

@PhysicalNova Yeah, that's the same type of issue I'm having. I think I need a better editor, and getting the distance and angle is a real peta... I've been trying different block/model editors and so far they all suck as far as I'm concerned. It would be cool if I could find a tool like that.ie one that would "build" my cube, and apply the side textures and be able to adjust lighting, angle and size/range. I've tried mcedit and am not happy with the results I get.

16. PhysicalNova

PhysicalNova Member

Well, will it be enough as place holders until someone could take better pictures ? (I know @Ezer'Arch took great resolution screenshots)
    There are blocks which texture has been updated, other that don't have one, etc.