Server crash from first moon trip, unique crash report

Bradass84

Mar 1, 2014
*Apologies to the administrators! This should be in the "Bugs" section of the forums. I cannot figure out how to move it after it has been posted.*​

The first moon trip there was a crash when someone got there for the first time. It loaded partially then crashes. I have searched on the forums and have tried everything that was mentioned where a similar thing had been described (but the crash reports were not like mine).

I have also tried to load a single player world of the moon dimension made from single player (using the same modpack) and then copying it over to the server. I did this because I thought possibly the initial world generation was too much for the server, but I think that has ruled that out.

I realize there are a lot of mods but the server has easily been able to handle it, as well as past mod packs that have had a similar amount.

And, if there was any concern, the server is a private one for just my brother and I.

Here is the link to my crash report

I don't normally post on forums, and have always been able to figure out fixes to crashes myself. But I have not seen this before in a crash report and found very little information about it. So after 3+ hours of troubleshooting and researching here I am!

Thanks for the help ahead of time!

Last edited:

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
The first moon trip there was a crash when someone got there for the first time. It loaded partially then crashes. I have searched on the forums and have tried everything that was mentioned where a similar thing had been described (but the crash reports were not like mine).

I have also tried to load a single player world of the moon dimension made from single player (using the same modpack) and then copying it over to the server. I did this because I thought possibly the initial world generation was too much for the server, but I think that has ruled that out.

I realize there are a lot of mods but the server has easily been able to handle it, as well as past mod packs that have had a similar amount.

And, if there was any concern, the server is a private one for just my brother and I.

Here is the link to my crash report

I don't normally post on forums, and have always been able to figure out fixes to crashes myself. But I have not seen this before in a crash report and found very little information about it. So after 3+ hours of troubleshooting and researching here I am!

Thanks for the help ahead of time!
What version of galacticraft are you using?

Bradass84

Mar 1, 2014
The most recent version, v2.0.11.978

I originally was running v2.0.7.904 when this happened. Then I updated both Galacticraft and Mekanism (because I read some forum threads on here that this solved some people's similar problem). And yes, I deleted the old config files (and also deleted the old moon world folder).

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
The most recent version, v2.0.11.978

I originally was running v2.0.7.904 when this happened. Then I updated both Galacticraft and Mekanism (because I read some forum threads on here that this solved some people's similar problem). And yes, I deleted the old config files (and also deleted the old moon world folder).
So is this a custom modpack? Did updating fix the error? So from the crash log you were on the moon and an entity was being ticked which caused the crash. I would suggest going into the worlds folder open your save, BACK IT UP FIRST. Then look for a folder called "DEM-28" this is the moon dimension or moon data folder. Try deleting this and then using the latest build of Galacticraft v2.0.11.978 try re-launching to the moon.

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
Also could you check for me and see if on your server you are able to see the oxygen gear such as the helmet, tanks, and gear on other players. On my server for some reason I can't see the gear on other players.

Bradass84

Mar 1, 2014
I have done exactly what you suggested to do already, and it didn't fix it. Yes, this is a custom mod pack where I use the majority of configs from Fuzzie (with some minor tweaks I have done myself).

I haven't checked for sure about if I can see the equipment on other players, considering I am pretty sure you only see them when you're on the moon (which we cannot get working). But I don't see how that is related to the problem at hand.

Any other suggestions or ideas?

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
I have done exactly what you suggested to do already, and it didn't fix it. Yes, this is a custom mod pack where I use the majority of configs from Fuzzie (with some minor tweaks I have done myself).

I haven't checked for sure about if I can see the equipment on other players, considering I am pretty sure you only see them when you're on the moon (which we cannot get working). But I don't see how that is related to the problem at hand.

Any other suggestions or ideas?
Um well save your world backup again nothing sucks worse than losing a world. Take that world off the server and try putting a new world in. Launch to the moon and see if the crash is still occurring. If the crash is still there perhaps another mod/plugin is conflicting with it. The thing about the oxygen though was just me being curious. I run a server and have found that I can't see any other players oxygen gear. I just wanted to see if this happened to anyone else, thats all.

Bradass84

Mar 1, 2014
Well, logically I REALLY do not think another mod is conflicting with it considering I was able to successfully go to the moon in single player in the same mod pack.

I very much do not want to do what you suggest, that could take me a couple of hours. And SSP on the client side can go to the moon.

Any other ideas?

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
Grab everything in your inventory that you had when you landed on the moon. Go into a new SSP world and launch to the moon. If the game crashes then it's something in your inventory causing the crash. If this doesn't change anything than I can't really help :( Report it as a bug. Maybe there was a bug in the older version of Galacticraft.

Last edited:

Bradass84

Mar 1, 2014
It works!

I am not sure exactly what was wrong, but after mod updates and deleting the moon world (again) I took a trip up there on the server with NOTHING but galacticraft equipment and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for your effort Nick, much appreciated.

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
It works!

I am not sure exactly what was wrong, but after mod updates and deleting the moon world (again) I took a trip up there on the server with NOTHING but galacticraft equipment and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for your effort Nick, much appreciated.
Haha Nice! Glad to see you finally figured it out. Sorry I couldn't help a little bit more, I've never seen a crash like that before.
Have fun but could you please check for me the issue with the oxygen I spoke about earlier. If you're on a server check to see if you can other players oxygen gear. For some reason I can't see it on my server.

Bradass84

Mar 1, 2014
I actually did check that when I got it working.

I saw the sound module (I forget what exactly its called) on myself when I went into third person before I got into the rocket to go to the moon. But apart from that I didn't see any of the galacticraft equipment on anyone at all. I don't see a config option to hide/show that stuff so I am not sure how to fix that.

If you find out pass the word on to me! My guess is that it's just a bug that will need to be fixed in a future version.

BTW, when I first got onto the moon I didn't have any mobs spawning at all. But, I fixed that (it was an issue with the custom mob spawner that goes with Mo Creatures).

*CORRECTION: I DO SEE THE EQUIPMENT*
I'm not sure if it has always been this way or not, but I checked again. I was the only one on at the time, but when I changed to third person view I could see the equipment on myself while I was on the moon. Not sure what is wrong with your Galacticraft Nick, sorry.

Last edited:

SirKillz

Apr 20, 2013
I actually did check that when I got it working.

I saw the sound module (I forget what exactly its called) on myself when I went into third person before I got into the rocket to go to the moon. But apart from that I didn't see any of the galacticraft equipment on anyone at all. I don't see a config option to hide/show that stuff so I am not sure how to fix that.

If you find out pass the word on to me! My guess is that it's just a bug that will need to be fixed in a future version.

BTW, when I first got onto the moon I didn't have any mobs spawning at all. But, I fixed that (it was an issue with the custom mob spawner that goes with Mo Creatures).

*CORRECTION: I DO SEE THE EQUIPMENT*
I'm not sure if it has always been this way or not, but I checked again. I was the only one on at the time, but when I changed to third person view I could see the equipment on myself while I was on the moon. Not sure what is wrong with your Galacticraft Nick, sorry.
No worries pretty sure it's a bug I could always see it on my self just not on other players. Thanks for the attempt though.