Show fuel level on landing HUD

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Simple suggestion: display fuel level on landing HUD along with Current velocity and Target velocity.

When I'm landing with a rocket I need to check the fuel level by pressing F-key to see if my time is running out, but the rocket inventory obstructs the view and I might lose the control.

(watch from 1:19 on)

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Simple suggestion: display fuel level on landing HUD along with Current velocity and Target velocity.

When I'm landing with a rocket I need to check the fuel level by pressing F-key to see if my time is running out, but the rocket inventory obstructs the view and I might lose the control.

(watch from 1:19 on)

Total derp.

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013
Isn't there a similar thing with the lander module during descent, albeit with no way of actually checking the fuel at all? In either case, being able to see your fuel level directly on the HUD would be cool whether it's in a rocket or a lander module.

On a side note, the lander module could logically be replaced with a direct ascent landing, meaning you'd be lunar landing with the rocket exactly the way done in the video. More elaborately, the rocket could have a specific landing stage. Still, the current lander module does look badass.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
Isn't there a similar thing with the lander module during descent, albeit with no way of actually checking the fuel at all?
Because the lander still can't ascend, so I could infer it doesn't need fuel unless for its retro-rocket in the landing procedure and you can't do anything else. If the lander could lift off and being driven like a rocket, it would need a fuel meter too.

----

Speaking of HUDs:

pxXz7NYl.png

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
Because the lander still can't ascend, so I could infer it doesn't need fuel unless for its retro-rocket in the landing procedure and you can't do anything else. If the lander could lift off and being driven like a rocket, it would need a fuel meter too.

----

Speaking of HUDs:

pxXz7NYl.png

wait WHAT?!

Space Viking

Jun 30, 2013

That was what I was thinking of; if you give it enough thrust, the lander will actually begin to ascend as a result of basic physics. It would make it more challenging though, so it depends on if it will work so well with players who are trying their first landing. Either way, the same altitude meter featured in the rocket HUD to the left could be featured on the lander, since it's a neat way of representing the distance to the surface.