Unique baddies to planets, oxygen + sealed area + Overworld=Limited, no copper on the moon -main2

Mercury (element)?

• Total voters
1. Mercury for thermometers.

--Nope, nope nope... people have sucked out the logic, and I agree with them!--

So basically, mercury is a red (or is it silver? I think it is... but why then is it red in a thermometer?) liquid that generates wherever it would on whatever planets. It can be pumped with a liquid pump or extracted with an oil pipet (I think that they should hold any amount of any liquid) or taken by a liquid canister, (I've forgotten how to transfer oil from pipet to canister) picked up with a bucket. Buckets for oil and fuel too!
Mercury is toxic, so jumping into it would give you the mercury poisoning debuff. I'm not sure what that does, would it be like a LESS powerful wither effect, that doesn't make your hearts go black, and doesn't say 'killed by magic' if you die?
Anyway, craft it into a thermometer by however, and then you get... a thermometer. The min and max temps are...

Wikipedia said:
freezing point of −38.83 °C and boiling point of 356.73 °C

So thermometers, working in conjunction with a heating mod, would show you the temperature of a planet and stuff, by placing it outside. The heating mod would make it even more advanced, showing the temperature as higher if it's inside a base etc. The heating mod is also a suggestion to you, micdoodle8.

2. Oxygen + sealed area + Overworld = Limited
Two empty blocks: air and vacuum, and other gases like methane when we get to those planets.
Gas blocks have a percentage of the gas within, so basically, if you are in the smallest possible chamber, and it is sealed, (blocks with holes are not sealed!) then you should start to lose oxygen in those 2 blocks, and once gone, the air meter will appear and drain. Then you drown, but the death chat notice is 'suffocated', not 'drowned'. Wearing an oxygen mask will make sure that you cannot breathe outside air, because it is airtight.
I think the air meter should be permanently there, actually, because then it is... better somehow? When oxygen is low in the block your head is in, your air meter starts draining and replenishing. The draining gets faster and faster, until there is no oxygen and it totally drains like when you are underwater.

3. Is there really copper and the other ores on the moon?
Yeah! Of course, there are no sludgelings on Mars but I agree with having that in Galacticraft. I want to see majestic crystal caves deep under the Moon's surface.

4. I preferred the old pre-GC 2 basic components recipes.
http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...uff-from-ue-not-your-own-basic-ue-stuff.3009/ I don't like those wafers in the new recipes. http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Empty_Liquid_Canister Doesn't that basic components recipe look more pleasing to the eye than the galacticraft 2 one?
Also, the glass should be a pane, not a block.

5. Bacterial sludge
I like that stuff. The stuff in the mars caves.
Since water is pretty much the essence of life, there should be a way to 'electrolyse' (how is that spelled?) it, like Dex Luther's electrolysis of water idea. You would suck out the water, getting a horrible, THICK liquid and water. The thick, PURE SLUDGE would not spawn sludgelings (the little green worms) because it has the absence of the essence of life.

Remove the evolved mobs, and...
Have interesting creatures unique to each planet.
I want to say that I would like the moon as a passive place. Mars as a neutral place, with the sludgelings as nuisances, not evil monsters, and the vines as just hazards. Which they are.
Of course, this would be a setting for people who like the old mobs.

7. Terraformer - sides
There would need to be a side for water input, and item input. BuildCraft!

8. Underground mars sludge lakes!
The caves with a little bit of sludge just aren't enough. I want to see... deep lakes underground full of sludge, with a few cavernous vines. There would be a shore, too. If you know what I mean.

9. Different types of fuel!
In different types of refineries, you can make different types of rocket fuel, which make different types of engines run, different amounts of effectiveness etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vigilantecow

MoltonMontro

Nov 4, 2013
I dislike how you say, "So thermometers, working in conjunction with a heating mod, would show you the temperature of a planet and stuff, by placing it outside. The heating mod would make it even more advanced, showing the temperature as higher if it's inside a base etc. The heating mod is also a suggestion to you, micdoodle8." I hope by "mod" you mean an upgrade on this mod, not other mods making it do certain things, which would be very complicated unless Mic made the mod. The mod would not be needed, though, because it could just be with the main mod instead of having extra little enhancements.

EDIT - I haven't yet decided whether I like this idea or not.

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
I dislike how you say, "So thermometers, working in conjunction with a heating mod, would show you the temperature of a planet and stuff, by placing it outside. The heating mod would make it even more advanced, showing the temperature as higher if it's inside a base etc. The heating mod is also a suggestion to you, micdoodle8." I hope by "mod" you mean an upgrade on this mod, not other mods making it do certain things, which would be very complicated unless Mic made the mod. The mod would not be needed, though, because it could just be with the main mod instead of having extra little enhancements.

EDIT - I haven't yet decided whether I like this idea or not.

Wolfboy tends to do that. Makes a suggestion and then makes tons more based on that first suggestion that hasn't been or won't get added to the mod in the first place.

I agree with SpaceUnicorn. Most modern day science is done with digital thermometers because they are faster, more accurate, and less fragile than the mercury thermometers.

Ezer'Arch

May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
The house thermometers use colored alchool and are incredibly fragile.

The temperature could be shown in the HUD, along with the oxygen levels and if the room/ambient where you are is safe for you to take off the gears, these sensors would be part of Oxygen Gears. Obviously, this makes sense only if temperature were part of the challenges in Galacticraft and the player were required to wear and build proper shielding.

Last edited:

IsoMS

Jul 26, 2013
*Canadaaaa
I suppose. But the more liquids, the cooler, right? Well, that's what I think.

Want to have moar liquids?? DOWNLOAD MineFactory Reloaded

adds lots to extract, (Notice MFR liquids also spawn on planets, this is because the planets use overworld biomes for their generation)

MineFusion

Aug 5, 2013
I support mercury being an element for thermometers. This would be VERY useful in the future when landing on planets with extreme temperatures.

good idea i think mercury thermometers should be for hot temperatures as mercury boiling point is 356.C (if you use Fahrenheit work it out yourselves) and alcohol thermometers the red one used for cold climates as the freezing point is -144.C you get alcohol by putting sugar cane in a distiller which dosn't use power and maybe add a new metal called molybdenum as the melting point of it is over 2000.C it could be used for digital thermometers for very extreme temperatures

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
good idea i think mercury thermometers should be for hot temperatures as mercury boiling point is 356.C (if you use Fahrenheit work it out yourselves) and alcohol thermometers the red one used for cold climates as the freezing point is -144.C you get alcohol by putting sugar cane in a distiller which dosn't use power and maybe add a new metal called molybdenum as the melting point of it is over 2000.C it could be used for digital thermometers for very extreme temperatures

No it's not really. As already pointed out mercury isn't used in science anymore because a mercury thermometer doesn't give accurate measurements. It also takes too long to get the measurement, which I already mentioned is prone to inadequacies. The thermometer itself is also very fragile, and the liquid inside can be toxic. Digital thermometers are used in science today because they are accurate to a few decimal places, they are quick, and pretty robust.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure mercury thermometers are completely useless in space as the liquid isn't held down by gravity. The liquid could float up the tube regardless of the temperature.

No it's not really. As already pointed out mercury isn't used in science anymore because a mercury thermometer doesn't give accurate measurements. It also takes too long to get the measurement,
EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure mercury thermometers are completely useless in space as the liquid isn't held down by gravity. The liquid could float up the tube regardless of the temperature.

Ah...

Dex Luther

Aug 15, 2013
Montreal, Canada, Earth
OH is there really copper on the moon -yeah. also on your title *no copper on the moon* wtf why stupid idea maybe a digitcal termometer and if you want the old fluid thingy go to old galacticraft.

Calls people stupid, yet misspells "Digital" and Thermometer". Brilliant.

My spidey sense is tingling. A ban-hammer must be on it's way. I hope you enjoyed your short stay on the forums.