1.6.4, release 2.0.12 crash on start

Goldobsidian

May 14, 2014
Hello,

This whole issue started when I tried to get into galactic craft in my latest world. When I tried to open the interface for either of the compressors I got this error. I figured the crash log would be better then the FML log, if it would help I can post it but im not to worried about it.

http://pastebin.com/0R77GFUf

After receaving that crash I downloaded the latest version of GC (Release 2.0.11 -> 2.0.12) and started the game up and it crashed before fully loading. I had to upload it to my google drive because pastebin didnt like how long it was apperently so sorry for that. You should not need to login to download.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-oRE94Zi-E5NGhfVFpPeFpXWEk/edit

I honestly have no idea what is going on here so I hope some one can help or point me to whats wrong....

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
This is the Dragon API problem. Please search the forum for information about it. It is not something which micdoodle8 can fix, it is because Dragon API includes parts of an out-dated version of Galacticraft. Basically you will have to do one of four things to use Galacticraft:

1) Easiest: in your /mods folder, rename DragonAPI 1.6 V19b.zip to something which comes after G - for example "ZDragonAPI 1.6 V19b.zip". This should make Galacticraft load first, on most OSes but not tested with a Mac.

2) Manually edit the DragonAPI 1.6 V19b.zip to remove the micdoodle8/mods/galacticraft/api folder. (If you are creating a new modpack, this is the best and safest way.)

3) Roll back to an older version of Galacticaft, before 2.0.11, to match the files used in Dragon API - this is kinda sucky because you will not have the latest improvements and fixes in Galacticraft.

4) Uninstall Dragon API

Please let us know how you get on.

Goldobsidian

May 14, 2014
When I origionally began to play with this I was getting an error right before the main menu would display. I realized though that right before bed I was trying to update atomic science because it was crashing as well and I had downloaded the wrong code pack to run with it.

Reverting to an older backup of the mods and files before I began to update that. I am going with the section option so I dont mess up any other mods I have installed, not sure it even would but sounded like the best option to me.

I managed to get the game started, load into a world, creatively put down every machine and even launch and land on the moon with no crash so for the moment, declaring problem fixed ^.^

Thank you!

Reactions: MoltonMontro

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Good to hear, thanks for coming back. Any more issues, don't hesitate to ask - we aim for Galacticraft to be compatible with most things.