Air Scrubbers

Do you like this idea?

• Sounds great!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Could be different... (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mega_Boy

Feb 12, 2015
Now before you say "That's too hard" please listen to me. now in real life, space stations require air scrubbers in order to filter of the carbon in a sealed environment. now this is what I'm thinking, requiring to make a scrubber for your space station/planetary base to filter out carbon produced by player and even machines, or else you will start to get de-buffs like slowness and fatigue until you start taking damage.

another idea is to have greenery and plants also filter out carbon in smaller amounts then the scrubber would.
i hope you enjoyed my idea :)

Reactions: PurGamingCEO

Vigilantecow

Oct 5, 2013
Some Place Cold
moonquest.com
Bit torn on this idea.

On one hand, its cool and adds a nice touch to the realism aspect of galacticraft.

On the other hand, I'd rather not see the oxygen system become too complicated and strange for newer players, or those who aren't familiar with how actual air filtration works.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
One for the proposed hard-mode, maybe.

I like this idea, not saying it will be implemented any time soon but it could be for GC4. (There are other things in GC3 we are working on just now.) Personally I am in favour of Galacticraft - at least in hard mode - being a game which reproduces how it might feel for a person to live in space, all the things you have to think about like oxygen, CO2, having enough power, recycling water, what to eat, moving in zero gravity, lack of access to everyday resources on Earth (like wood and stone) etc.

We will of course always shield players from the true harshness of space, which I would say is
* the radiation dose
* the danger of solar flares
* small things which matter if you spend a long time in a sealed environment (closed system), like poisons which are not 100% eliminated from the life support systems
* gradual decay and loss of irreplaceable equipment
* the danger of loss of pressure any time due to micro-meteorites (or bad navigation!)
* lack of doctors (!)

But I am thinking about how we can, for example, force players to be eating the delicious Galacticraft http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Can_of_Food unless they have some big space base with a farm.

The lack of animals in space in Galacticraft - there's no way to get an animal into space unless you cheat or use an OP type of mod item which can pick up animals (for example Safari Net in MFR) - is also intended. Actually you could make a chicken farm, if you took eggs.

Reactions: Vigilantecow