Bug opening Galacticraft Inventory and entering spaceship

Zafoquat

Aug 3, 2014
1) Thank you
So, first things first, fun mod and thank you for all the work!

2) Forge Log File
Secondly, I have no idea where my ForgeModLoader-client-0.log is. It is not in the root of .minecraft it is not in .minecraft/crash-reports it is not in .minecraft/logs. Searching AppDatat for that string, or part of that string, gets back zero results. Any explanation or suggestion would be grateful as it is obviously a necessity to post this log to help troubleshoot these crashes

3) Bug Descriptions
The two bugs, both 100% recreateable
Firstly pressing F or w/e I assign that key to will not open the Galacticraft Inventory on the Spaceship (even when I make sure to add chests in the creation process) No crash, no sound, no warning. Just won't open.

Secondly, entering the space ship will crash the session.
1) Shutting down internal server
2) Connection Lost
A fatal error has occurred, this connection is terminated
Back to title screen(button)
3) (button) takes me to Play Multiplayer screen and scans for games on my local network
4) reopen the save file and I am in the space ship with a 20s counter on the screen.
5) Spacebar will let me exit the spaceship and forces me into a thirdperson perspective.
6) F5 does not exit thirdperson but rather enters it cleanly
7) a second F5 reverts me back to first person.
8) Walk up to spaceship and repeat

4) PC and Software descriptions

Minecraft 1.7.10
MCP v9.05
FML v7.10.25.1189
Minecraft Forge 10.13.0.1189
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1 Build 7601)
4096MB of ram atm (one of my 4gb is being RMAed)
AMD FX-4100 3.6GHz
DirectX11
Java 1.7.0_17 update 64

I created a new world running Galacticraft, I have the three downloads from your site (GalacticraftCore-BETA-1.7-3.0.0.136, Galacticraft-Planets-BETA-1.7-3.0.0.136, and MicdoodleCore-BETA-1.7-3.0.0.136)

I originally edited the Forgeloader JSON file to include OptiFine 1.7.10 release HD U A4
and ran with the JVM arguments Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true

I reverted back to a clean version of Forgeloader and still recreate both bugs. I ran with JVM arguments -Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M

the XMx2048m and xms2048m are for memory allocation.

Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true are for integrating OptiFine with Forge

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M are default arguments from the Forge Installer

Zafoquat

Aug 3, 2014
To be clear, I posted this in support and not bugs because I can not be certain I have GC or Forge installed correctly, I believe once I have confirmed my setup is not to blame, then these issues clearly become proper bugs and not products of my setup or configurations. The fact that I can't find my Forge log is one of the keys to this, the role that JVM arguments could play is another.

If a moderator/administrator feels this belongs directly in the Bugs subforum than please accept my apology and move it accordingly.

Zafoquat

Aug 3, 2014
Further testing shows I can access the Galacticraft Spaceship Inventory when I am in the spaceship, having crashed my game and reopened it to resolve me inside the spaceship.

I am fully fueled with a fuel loader that is ALSO full properly connected and powered.

Counter stays locked at 20s when I reload and it will continue to crash whenever I exit the ship and enter it again.

Not sure if it is by-design or not to only access the spaceship inventory when inside the spaceship or not.

-edit according to the wiki, this is by design, so I do not believe the inventory's behavior is in anyway buggy.

Also a /echo is displayed on my screen of Press SPACEBAR to dismount when I reload the game in the ship.

Seems like the ship is the only real bug

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Sorry that you are having problems, and thank you for reporting them.

Please try the latest build, which you can download from here: http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft-1.7/145/
(download all three files and discard the existing ones in your /mods folder, you won't be needing them again)
There's a chance you might find that fixes the crash/disconnect issue, though probably not as this wasn't a crash I was aware of before - still, you should use version 3.0.0.145, it fixes a bunch of other things.

I really need to see your logs here. ForgeModLoader-Client is now called "fml-client-latest.log". It will be in the .minecraft/logs folder. It might help me to see the "latest.log" (which is an internal server log) as well. It's easier to find your recent logs if you order the files in the logs folder in date order. Please either copy these logs to Pastebin (or a similar site) or zip 'em up and upload to Dropbox or GoogleDrive or whatever service you prefer, so I can take a look at them.

Reactions: TheWhiteTyger

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Not to take over but I seem to be suffering from the same fate. I do happen to have a crash report. This only happens on the client side when I open my inventory screen, just starting out nothing built yet.

http://pastebin.com/8GePwDQM

Any ideas or immediate thoughts?

EDIT: Come to find out it's something to do with MorePlayerModels. Trying without to see what else is the cause.

EDIT2: This was the problem, sorry to report the wrong thing in the wrong area, but least someone can check this and see how to fix it. :)

I love GC3 for 1.7.10!

Last edited: