Can't place blocks on moon or mars

ORION528

Nov 20, 2013
Minecraft version : 1.6.4
Forge version : 9.11.1.965
Galacticraft version : 2.0.12.1010

I currently am experiencing a weird issue with GC on my hosted multiplayer server. I can't place any blocks on the moon or mars. On overworld I can though. Creative mode is being used. whenever I try to place a block on the moon or mars , it throws a message at me saying " you are not permitted to use X3351" when I attempt to place a launch pad. the number changes for each block I attempt to use. I tested client side and it works flawlessly. can't make any sense of it. not causing a server crash either so no logs to give here. help por favor

ORION528

Nov 20, 2013
1. Remove all mods to another folder ( if you have another mods ) then try micdoodle 3 files , if it work check your mods

2. Try to give Minecraft more memory , set java at high priority , buy better Graphics

3. If known of the above worked , report bug report here : https://github.com/micdoodle8/Galacticraft/issues
Just register then login then give him full bug report

Going to give #1 a shot and see what's doing. Minecraft has 3GB allocated , and I have a 2GB graphics card. Java set to high priority too. thanks for the assist

ORION528

Nov 20, 2013
it's just odd to me that It would work on the Server overworld and client side too , but not on the server whilst on Mars or the Moon. really strange.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
The block placing issue is probably connected with permissions in Bukkit. Which Bukkit plugins are you using, for example Factions, GriefPrevention, PermissionsEX? I would start by looking at how they are set up to work in non-standard dimensions, or talk to other server owners about how they made it work - configuring plugins on a multi-dimension server can be tricky.

---

The crash report you pasted seems like a compatibility issue between Galacticraft and ICBM. @ORION528, which version of ICBM are you using? If you are not using ICBM, please also check whether any of your other mods include the icbm api (you would have to open up the jar / zip file for each mod, with a zip file reader like 7zip, and take a look).

Galacticraft has an interface with ICBM's radar, so that Galacticraft aerial vehicles show up on the radar.

In the crash report you posted, the clue is in line 1:
2014-05-11 10:05:08 [SEVERE] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: icbm.api.RadarRegistry

Last edited:
Reactions: ORION528

ORION528

Nov 20, 2013
well I downgraded to the GC version 2.0.11.978 and now I can place blocks on both mars and the moon. For some reason , the GC version I was using wasn't registering the DIMs on MCMyAdmin and therefore I couldn't add the DIMs to groups and thus couldn't place blocks. It never caused a server crash , I could travel to the other DIMs , but was trapped there once I got there via not being able to place blocks( they were a death sentence). this version registers the DIMS on MCMyAdmin and I've added them to the groups and all is well on that front. I was/am using ICBM version 1.4.2.379. however after checking my server log , I find these now after installing the 978 version of GC. I'm no programmer , but it seems ICBM is having a hissyfit now. not sure what version of ICBM will get along with the GC 2.0.11.978 build. I like my log to show no severe errors of course , but the techs at Fragnet tell me it's nothing to worry about. easy for them to say lol ! I thought i'd post here too to get a 2nd opinion and see if any of you guys could help. This is a top notch mod and community forum , and there's a lot of knowledge here. thanks for everything so far ! when the next planet comes out , i'm sopping it up with a biscuit ! excited to see the next one when it comes out.

http://pastebin.com/Pajk7sT8

Last edited:

EnderSpace

Oct 29, 2013
The Edges of Space
well I downgraded to the GC version 2.0.11.978 and now I can place blocks on both mars and the moon. For some reason , the GC version I was using wasn't registering the DIMs on MCMyAdmin and therefore I couldn't add the DIMs to groups and thus couldn't place blocks. this version registers the DIMS on MCMyAdmin and I've added them to the groups and all is well on that front. I was/am using ICBM version 1.4.2.379. however after checking my server log , I find these now after installing the 978 version of GC. I'm no programmer , but it seems ICBM is having a hissyfit now. not sure what version of ICBM will get along with the GC 2.0.11.978 build.

http://pastebin.com/Pajk7sT8
Solved
If you have any thing , idea , bug or question don't be shy:oops:
Just joking:D But share everything you want to tell

Reactions: ORION528

ORION528

Nov 20, 2013
the version I was having trouble with was 2.0.12.1010 regarding DIM's registering. Might not be the mod though , could be an issue caused by Fragnet and MCMyAdmin. but those severe errors are the only thing that worries me a bit at this point, but the Fragnet techs say it's ok , so i'll try it the way it is although I don't like the severe errors in my log . we'll see how it goes. thanks for everything again

from the Tech @ Fragnet:
"Galacticraft is trying to load the ICBM mod (probably for compatibility or extra features) but cannot find it.
This error should not cause problems, it's just an error caused by the developer not properly controlling Exceptions on his code and it can generally be ignored."

you gonna take that Mitch ? them sounds like fighting words lol j/k

Last edited:

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
The ICBM API compatibility problem for recent versions of ICBM is already fixed in Galacticraft builds 1020 and later: http://ci.micdoodle8.com/job/Galacticraft/changes

The dimension registration issue is interesting, because Galacticraft made some changes to the way it registers dimensions in builds 1002 and 1007. Please can you give more detail so we can investigate this, like extracts from the server's startup logs when it correctly registers the dimensions, and when it does not. Why are you sure it is MCMA - do you mean MCPC+? Normally dimension issues like this would be in MCPC+/Bukkit. The changes made in Galacticraft build 1002 and 1007 were supposed to help with the dimension registration in Bukkit so that more plugins can "see" the Galacticraft dimensions, but might have broken something I guess. Please can you paste up your bukkit.yml config file, also the "dimensions" section of your Galacticraft core.conf config file.

I am keen to fix Galacticraft issues affecting server owners. You should not have to tolerate any severe errors in your logs, so please do report those even if they are not causing crashes.

ORION528

Nov 20, 2013
yes, i run a MCPC+ 1.6.4 MC server on Fragnet. here's the server log info for at least 2 restarts. it has to be a compatibility issue based on how I downgraded the GC version and the DIMs showed up in MCMA just fine. problem solved there for my server, but otherwise I don't know.
http://pastebin.com/FU0L7rYj

now here's the bukkit.yml you requested.
http://pastebin.com/nQnUdVrL

now the Dimensions section you requested.
http://pastebin.com/UveDssCq

hope it helps clear something up.