Crash when creating a new world

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
This appears to be the same issue as this: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.php?threads/parachest-causing-server-crash.4058/
There, Moose identified the cause as being an incompatibility with OreSpawn. But, it doesn't look like you have OreSpawn in your modpack.

You do have a large modpack though, so I am wondering if this a more general issue like Minecraft "running out" of entities. Minecraft does have a hard limit of 256 entity IDs.

Normally I would advise, make a new world for testing, then take half your mods out of the /mods folder, see if the crash happens, if it still happens take out half of what is left (or if the crash didn't happen, put back in half of what you took out) - etc. - until you have identified which mod is incompatible. You should try that.

But I am also wondering if you will actually find that if you take either half of the mods out of the /mods folder then things will start to work, because taking either half of the mods out will ease the problem of Minecraft running out of entities. If it is that, then you will have to cut down your modpack so that there are not more than 256 entities - so think about which mods add the most entities to Minecraft, and which you can live with out. "Entities" in Minecraft are things which can move by themselves - the main examples would be new kinds of mob, and vehicles which you can ride. Galacticraft adds around 20 entities, that's 9 new mobs, 6 types of rideable vehicle, parachests, flags, meteors and a new type of arrow - so Galacticraft is a big hog of entities. You could maybe improve that a little by taking GalacticraftPlanets out of the modpack.

One more thing, I notice from the log that you have DragonAPI, but it looks like DragonAPI is no longer clashing with Galacticraft. You might want to try pulling that out of the modpack for testing, just in case it's that.

Last edited:
Reactions: JellyfishBot

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
One more thing to try: take a look at this section of your Galacticaft core.conf config and see if changing the ID of the thing which is erroring helps (that's an AntiGravityArrow, see first line of your crash report).

Code:
####################
# entities
####################

entities {
  I:idEntityAlienVillager=121
  I:idEntityAntiGravityArrow=122
  I:idEntityAstroOrb=123
  I:idEntityBuggy=124
  I:idEntityEvolvedCreeper=125
  I:idEntityEvolvedSkeleton=126
  I:idEntityEvolvedSkeletonBoss=127
  I:idEntityEvolvedSpider=128
  I:idEntityEvolvedZombie=129
  I:idEntityFlag=130
  I:idEntityLander=131
  I:idEntityLanderChest=132
  I:idEntityMeteor=133
  I:idEntityMeteorChunk=134
  I:idEntityOxygenBubble=135
  I:idEntityParaChest=136
  I:idEntitySpaceship=137
}

JellyfishBot

Jun 7, 2014
Hello.

Well, I did what you said, and eventually I narrowed it down to Mekanism. Apparently, Mekanism causes the crash. But then, I tried installing Galacticraft and Mekanism only, it didn't crash. But when I put Mekanism with half of my modpack, it crashes. So now, I'm going to try installing back all of the mods without Mekanism, and see what happens. I asked a guy on the Mekanism IRC and he said that GC is incompatible with a number of mods but installing the lowest version of GC for 1.6.4 works. So I've got that to try too if your method doesn't work. I'll give an update soon.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
The guy on the Mekanism IRC is not correct (or is very out of date). GC is designed to be compatible with Mekanism, and is compatible in all our recent testing.

Please do report back with your updated findings, as if you are having issues with your modpack then there are probably other people who will experience issues too, and if we find out it is due to a bug in GC then obviously we will want to fix it. (Also if there's a difference between older and newer versions of GC then we will want to look at that too.)

JellyfishBot

Jun 7, 2014
Okay, so installed all of my modpack back again (including Mekanism) and crashed. So, now I will try the 2.10.13.1072 version. Though I do have to wait 20 minutes before updating back to you. (15 minutes lauding Minecraft, 5 minutes creating a new world).

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Excellent! Thanks for letting me know.

(And 15 minutes to load Minecraft? :eek: )