Elaborate space ships

Mar 7, 2013
A tiny rocket isn't particularly grand. There should be an option to upgrade your rocket so you can walk around inside it. This way there could be a control room, sleeping quarters and escape pods - all the things included in a stereotypical space ship.

As a result, it would need to take time to get from one planet/moon to the next. Obviously these journeys should only take a few minutes; but it would make the mod that tiny bit more realistic in a satisfying way.

Reactions: Hypermegazord

chris

Mar 1, 2013
i know. poor mcdoodle has spent close to a year and going. but id agree. people have been makeing spectacular ships out there. but the space travel...how do i put this. the planets are awsome...but the journey is the fun part as well. if we took most ships that have been made out of colored woll and glacticraft moded them with airlocks, the space travel would become extreamly epic. air, worms, aliens ships fireing rocket at ya. all while you keep your buckt of bolts together from the inside. bring spare parts. imagine a starship server with an enterprise on it and she gets busted open and people runnin and diein trying to cover the breach. many airlocks people!

Reactions: James.I.McNeill

Alex

Mar 6, 2013
Make the space ship like the TARDIS. Have it bigger on the inside, like three rooms that you can put whatever you want in. (they would be a set size of course)

Reactions: mascready

aisthecoolest

Mar 9, 2013
AND we could still have the menu and we choose the planet but our ship has a window and we watch as we slowly get closer to the planet we chose and eventually get to it and into our parachute

Mar 9, 2013
I still like the idea of controlling the rocket. I agree a portal would be easier, but it would need to make the ship controllable somehow. Also, a agree with aisthecoolest's original post. The rockets should be bigger and grander.

Mar 7, 2013
What could happen is the rocket flies up to a larger ship that is already in space, then you can fly that to wherever you want to go, before parachuting to the surface. That way, the menu that comes up that lets you choose your destination could be part of the ship's computer.

Hypermegazord

Feb 17, 2013
I still like the idea of controlling the rocket. I agree a portal would be easier, but it would need to make the ship controllable somehow. Also, a agree with aisthecoolest's original post. The rockets should be bigger and grander.

I think there should be multiple types of ships some bigger, some smaller, some for more than one player, one for dogs and cats...
Mic already said the rockets will be costumizable, but dont know if in painting or in size...

Reactions: James.I.McNeill
Mar 9, 2013
Guys, what i'm thinking is you literally build your rocket ( like the zeppelin mod), and you attack one or more engines to it to make it fly. You could also add navigation systems, life support, and escape pods.

flashman111

Feb 12, 2013
You guys are saying it like "Add this and that and this and even more" and expect it to be added. The thing is, i dont think you understand how hard this is to implement... not everything can be added.

Hypermegazord

Feb 17, 2013
You guys are saying it like "Add this and that and this and even more" and expect it to be added. The thing is, i dont think you understand how hard this is to implement... not everything can be added.

Actually, everything can be added. You just need to work a lot around it, some inspiration, and a lot of time, but really, everything can be added!

And also, these are just suggestions. Hes can take just one or two of them... Or none :(

Mar 9, 2013
Guys, chill. I agree with Hypermegazord. Everything can be added, and he doesn't need to take any of our suggestions. We are merely collaborating with each other to assist with the development of this amazing mod.

mascready

Feb 28, 2013
Make the space ship like the TARDIS. Have it bigger on the inside, like three rooms that you can put whatever you want in. (they would be a set size of course)
What the hell ? Doctor Who in SPAAAAAAACE ! (Portal 2 Space sphere quote)

Jeron L

Mar 10, 2013
well, you could have a 'default' spaceship inside (a separate world of sorts reached by rocketing into space with the existing method) which you can then edit as you please. E.g. add stuff, even cut out new rooms and decorate those. It would probably not look much like the inside of a spacecraft if you really go all-out with that, but that's really at the player's discretion, right? It would be like a central base that players can return to between different worlds and use a lever in the bridge to get anywhere.

That's assuming it's worth it, of course. I actually like the concept of the current system quite a bit, and the execution is sufficiently cartoony to fit with minecraft's theme. It's not really made for having functional spacecraft after all. ;)

In any case, it would be interesting if there's alternate ways of getting into space. E.g. if you could have a spaceship set up that basically has a lever that calls up the travel menu so that it can be used as a roleplaying thing. (I don't imagine they'd launch off in widdle rockets. :p)