Herblore Hookah's Don't Work In Sealed Rooms.

JakXLT

May 16, 2014
Herblore mod for 1.6.4 has a block called Hookah. When you have a ground toke bud in your inventory and use flint and steel on the block, it uses the ground toke bud. You can then click the block again without the flint and steel to get a high status effect. Hookah's however do not appear to work in sealed rooms. They work just fine inside an oxygen bubble, but not in sealed rooms. I assume this has something to do with how fire works in space.

I'm using GC2 #1070.

I have also reported this to calebmanley, developer of herblore. If anything can be done about this, it would be greatly appreciated.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
Galacticraft can't do anything about this in 1.6.4.

The sealed room mechanic works by replacing plain old air in Minecraft (which is actually vacuum, meaning there is nothing there at all) with a new type of block called "breatheableAir". The Hookah is looking to see if it has regular air above it, it doesn't find it, so it won't work.

The message to give to @calebmanley is it is easily fixable in 1.7.2 if the Hookah looks for an "instanceof net.minecraft.blocks.blockAir" - instead of testing for Blocks.Air which is the more usual way to code things in 1.7.2.

In 1.6.4, you're going to have to enjoy your inhalations outside the sealed room - so make a small separate room which you shut off with a door or airlock or something. There's no reason why you can't toke through a space helmet!

JakXLT

May 16, 2014
Galacticraft can't do anything about this in 1.6.4.

The sealed room mechanic works by replacing plain old air in Minecraft (which is actually vacuum, meaning there is nothing there at all) with a new type of block called "breatheableAir". The Hookah is looking to see if it has regular air above it, it doesn't find it, so it won't work.

The message to give to @calebmanley is it is easily fixable in 1.7.2 if the Hookah looks for an "instanceof net.minecraft.blocks.blockAir" - instead of testing for Blocks.Air which is the more usual way to code things in 1.7.2.

In 1.6.4, you're going to have to enjoy your inhalations outside the sealed room - so make a small separate room which you shut off with a door or airlock or something. There's no reason why you can't toke through a space helmet!

I'll just make do with my joints :cool:

Or use oxygen bubbles instead of seals if I can find a way to get rid of the bubble texture.... it's just so ugly...

JakXLT

May 16, 2014
Here's what calebmanley had to say.

This is actually the snippet of code:
Code:
player.getCurrentEquippedItem() != null && player.getCurrentEquippedItem().itemID == Item.flintAndSteel.itemID
It has nothing to do with air. It's just checking when it is right clicked if you are holding flint and steel.
The only reason I can think of why it isn't working is because they may overwrite the flint and steel item.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
OK, that's very helpful ... so I've searched the code and it seems Galacticraft does change the behaviour of the flint and steel item, in space. I'm sorry, I didn't know that before, my bad. I'll look at a fix for this issue asap, as the same issue will be affecting other non-vanilla blocks that depend on the flint'n'steel.

JakXLT

May 16, 2014
OK, that's very helpful ... so I've searched the code and it seems Galacticraft does change the behaviour of the flint and steel item, in space. I'm sorry, I didn't know that before, my bad. I'll look at a fix for this issue asap, as the same issue will be affecting other non-vanilla blocks that depend on the flint'n'steel.

I'm just glad we found the cause of the issue :)

JakXLT

May 16, 2014
success_baby.jpg

So uh.... anybody want to partake?

tumblr_mtv610RBel1syw1yeo1_500.gif

Reactions: Vigilantecow