Problem and question - Galacticraft server

AGPrometheus

Jul 30, 2013
First of all, can I use Galacticraft on a map that was created without the mod?
Secondly, I've installed the mod and it works perfectly in single player, but in multiplayer (both on a freshly created world and on an old world) The copper etc. blocks aren't generated at all. In creative I can place the Galacticraft space blocks, but if I try to place copper/tin blocks, battery box etc, they disappear.
Any suggestions?

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
You can use it, but new world features such as the ores and oil won't generate.

An old world will never have ores, unless you enter newly generated chunks.

You probably have an ID mismatch between the server and client if blocks are disappearing and not generating in new worlds.

AGPrometheus

Jul 30, 2013
To clarify- in multiplayer, I'm on my own server, and most of the new blocks (all the stuff in the Galacticraft and space tabs in the Creative inventory) do work. Only things like tin, copper, coal generator etc. can't be placed.
And in single player everything works fine.

AGPrometheus

Jul 30, 2013
That thread was one of the first things I found when trying to solve this. Did everything like it says there.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Except post a ForgeModLoader-.....txt log file. I'd prefer one from your client and one from the server.

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
Why are you using hotfile? Pastebin works just fine and doesn't require me to wait 30 minutes to compare client-server logs.

micdoodle8

Administrator
Nov 12, 2012
Thanks.

Basic Components isn't loading at all on the server, make sure "Load Basic Components" is set to true in the galacticraft core config.

MasterOanarchY

Jul 3, 2013
Great. Didn't see that basic components wasn't being loaded. I thought you didn't need basic components with IC2.