Progress stuck

John Thomason

Oct 12, 2013
I am downloading the Minecraft Forge and progress has stopped at "Downloading libraries, unpacking packed file scala-compiler-2.10.2.jar.pack.xz" I left it alone for an hour, and it was still at the same level of progress. can anybody help me with this??

Ezer'Arch

Administrator
Staff member
May 18, 2013
ezerarch.com
John, could you please post your ForgeModLoader-client log? It's a log file at /.minecraft.

Last edited:

John Thomason

Oct 12, 2013
I mean I have not even begun playing with Forge yet. After I downloaded the Forge installer, I clicked new client on the menu that pops up. It then goes to a small box with a loading bar on it. that is where I am stuck

John Thomason

Oct 12, 2013
okay, quick update, I ended up deleting the scala-lang and scala-compiler and downloaded new versions of those two files. after that, the loading worked, and I was able to play Galacticraft :)

MasterOanarchY

Staff member
Jul 3, 2013
Interesting. So it must have got stuck the first time, and made corrupted files, that it couldn't overwrite. Or so I am guessing. Thanks for the update. I will add it to the list of things to repeat.

John Thomason

Oct 12, 2013
Interesting. So it must have got stuck the first time, and made corrupted files, that it couldn't overwrite. Or so I am guessing. Thanks for the update. I will add it to the list of things to repeat.
here is a link to a video someone sent me that helped fix the problem.