Proportioned Rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
Satellites would be built in small rockets that would launch in the same way, and be built the same way.

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
Nice! But what if you're on an existing world before the download? Perhaps crate and spawn the building and NPC?

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
Nice! But what if you're on an existing world before the download? Perhaps crate and spawn the building and NPC?

Yes that would work better, you would actually have control over where you want the structure to be, instead of where you spawn at the beginning.

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
Yes that would work better, you would actually have control over where you want the structure to be, instead of where you spawn at the beginning.
I really don't want to have to start a new world for Galacticraft because I want to use my 'main' singleplayer world.

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
That's what I mean. when the world is loaded from the save, you go to the place where you want to build, and press a button, that could be in one of the corners of the screen.

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
And if there was anyone who wants a new world, it's the same principle, and obviously the button would then go.

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
Here are some developed ideas

Attachments

• Proportioned Rockets and Space Centre Idea.zip
    12 KB · Views: 15

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
Yes, first the planets in our solar system, and then using the starship idea, pluto will act as the base to move onto other planets.

jbjoseph

Apr 29, 2013
Charleston, SC
I like a lot of what I'm reading here but I really feel as though the big focus of the mod is not so much HOW you get to other planets, but what you do while you're there. i.e. constructing bases, setting up mining operations, orbital refueling stations. The rocket is not really the main focus of the mod, just a method of transportation. HOWEVER, it would be awesome to implement this as an optional method of transportation. I think the better idea that stems from this suggestion is the ability to convert a space station into a sort of dry dock, construct your larger space-faring vessels there, and then use those to really make big pushes to the outer reaches of the solar system (any beyond?)

Mark Bolhuis

May 17, 2013
I like a lot of what I'm reading here but I really feel as though the big focus of the mod is not so much HOW you get to other planets, but what you do while you're there. i.e. constructing bases, setting up mining operations, orbital refueling stations. The rocket is not really the main focus of the mod, just a method of transportation. HOWEVER, it would be awesome to implement this as an optional method of transportation. I think the better idea that stems from this suggestion is the ability to convert a space station into a sort of dry dock, construct your larger space-faring vessels there, and then use those to really make big pushes to the outer reaches of the solar system (any beyond?)

At the moment i feel that the rocket is a let down in galacticraft, it is unrealistically scaled, and far too small. This suggestion was to change that element.

I think that it should be a challenge to the player, because the recourses on the planet will be so worthwhile. Especially if the new planets and resources suggestion is used as well.

Gamegeek1234

Apr 22, 2013
At the moment i feel that the rocket is a let down in galacticraft, it is unrealistically scaled, and far too small. This suggestion was to change that element.

I think that it should be a challenge to the player, because the recourses on the planet will be so worthwhile. Especially if the new planets and resources suggestion is used as well.
And as far as we've come up with, much more!

Status
Not open for further replies.