Satellites

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KittyCat11231, Nov 30, 2013.

1. GalacticBlock20

I agree with Jecowa something simple would be better so the coders and modderd won't be pressured enough but any way great idea

2. Chronos7

Chronos7 Member

I know it would be hard to add into the game but something simular like it. Like for v 1 u can just out it into orbit and it will collect rocks. For v 2 you can add a cannon or something.

3. GamerARK13

GamerARK13 Member

The difficult part in my opinion would be the dimensions viewing because if micdoodle wants a camera, the security craft team has some in their mod

4. Chronos7

Chronos7 Member

True

I've been making an Asteroid base in creative and just been thinking about all these.... It would be hard but then again the Satellite dose not have to be able to see into other Dimensions.

#24 Chronos7, May 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
  5. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

6. Shadow79473

Shadow79473 Member

How about:
    Satellites are customizable, you could choose different modules to put into the satellite, say instead of just a normal battery, you could put solar panels instead.
    Or if you want to scan biomes put a biome scanner on making a map of the biomes around you
    Or a general map scanner that makes a map. scanning should take time to complete. There could be a menu to control the satellite, tell it to start scanning, or bring it back down, also providing info like fuel left and energy. If power runs out (aka you put only batteries or a solar panel fails) you lose connection and cant control it.

7. Codym2405

Codym2405 Member

The satellite could be used for information transfer over long distances? And maybe a expensive satellite could be made with solar panels and beam power back to earth? That would be kinda cool

8. I AM RELEVANT...PLZ RD ME

I thought of something...a gravitational device that can manipulate gravity in a closed area (just like the air sealer but with gravity) you import power,and in the interface slot in the center... a graviton crystal (ore found on mars, must be smelted in ELETRICAL furnace) (also when holding graviton crystal, mobs are attracted to you)

i came up with the idea because i keep hitting my heat in my satellite station :(

#28 I AM RELEVANT...PLZ RD ME, May 27, 2015
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  9. GalacticBlock20

How about a gravity generator to create gravity

10. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

11. Chronos7

Chronos7 Member

#31 Chronos7, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
  12. Codym2405

Codym2405 Member

I was thinking of a centrifugal device that uses centrifugal forces to keep you grounded

Also, DEATH RAY SATELLITE BEST IDEA EVER!!! (Or it could just be used to transmit solar energy from space to earth)

#32 Codym2405, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2016
  13. GalacticBlock20

That could work

14. Intel_HD

Intel_HD Member

Voyager 1/2
    [​IMG]
    New Horizon:
    [​IMG]

And More

The Power for the Space Probe will be RTG

15. Ribbons0121R121

i honestly think it could finnaly be a use for the communications dish, by using it to communicate with things along with what you can put on sattelites. for example, in advanced rocketry you can put mining lasers and rail cannons on satellites. this would be a good idea. you can alos use it to view areas of the world from below, making them useful in multiplayer to spy on enemy bases. and putng one in orbit could take a special rocket that would need a new special controller. mabye someone could make a addon for this.

16. 7eggert

7eggert Member

Satellites could be a requirement for inter-dimansional communication and transport. E.g. given an API, enderio could disable the dimensional transposer between moon and overworld unless you have sattelites on overworld and at least a dish on the moon or unless it's day on overworld and you have a dish on both sides (line of sight).

17. Ribbons0121R121

wow, thats really intresting. whats the name of the enderio api tthat does that?

18. QuadShot

QuadShot Member

It's one of a few hidden ones... the doWhatiWant.now and the other is doWhatiWantNotWhatiTellYou.now

damn, my tongue is stuck in my cheek now...

19. 7eggert

7eggert Member

It's an idea yet to be implemented, and I'd rather think these mods would need to tap into a galacticraft API - or there would be a need of a more general API.

You'd need a function to tell you: dimension x can send to dimension y for user u, communication type {chat, item, energy, fluid, data(opencomputers), …}, and the result may be cached for z ticks (e.g. if you call it one tick before the moon sets, you the result may be used for one tick). Also you'd need a way to hook into that function, GC would use that and check for constellations.

20. Ribbons0121R121

mabye you could use this in planet progresion as a need for those satellites. or mabye use these with a telementery unit and a satelite for wireless transfer of anything but it would cost some energy.