Shooting up sattelites?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 1Gutter, Jan 23, 2016.

?

Good idea?

1. Nope, too much ICBM-material.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Yeah

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Errr, I dunno, well, maybe?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 1Gutter

1Gutter Member

So, if we could use the rocket platform and shoot up various kinds of sattelites, then that'd be great.

So if you launch a spy sattelite, you could select the destination (coordinates x, z) in a console database and then go to a "mapper display" and see the grid like if it was a minimap. I guess you could have 2 kinds of monitors, one that shows up on-screen, like maps do on itemframes and one where you need to click the machine to see the map.

And maybe a light-laser sattelite that destroys blocks like if it was shooting TNT down.
    And then have a heavy-laser sattelite that blows up more.

Ofcourse the laser-sattelites would be OP, so having cooldown on the lasers, like a somewhat realistic "recharge-rate" on the lasers and then in addition have radars and rocket-warheads/a machine that fires an EMP.

Or would this just be something for ICBM?
    Also, laser mounted-turrets would be good to have so i could defend my moon bases and such.

2. radfast

radfast Administrator
    Staff Member

Something like this is planned.

The rest, not so much - maybe one day.

Ezer'Arch likes this.
  3. Riroo

Riroo Member

have to say if were following the tech so far which seems like we are as well as the current history their is a plausible issue behind this, the fact that their is a treaty that weapons are banned in space. Though this is a game. I do believe the idea behind this is great but why not try something a little less destructive and make it so you can set up a GPS system, or an internet so you can post your magnificent pig selfies.

4. NicosaurusRex99

I do like the idea of making a weaponized space station