Addon [1.7.10] Amun-Ra 0.4.8 - Now with Motherships [NO LONGER SUPPORTED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Byomakuta

Sep 28, 2016
pra, lately i have been having issues creating additional Suns using the config of the addon.

can you show me how to prperly do it? i tried a lot of things but no results. :(

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
pra, lately i have been having issues creating additional Suns using the config of the addon.

can you show me how to prperly do it? i tried a lot of things but no results. :(
I added a command to make this easier now. "/find_celestial_body <bodyname>", with <bodyname> in the way you see it on the celestial map.

Nickolai

Jan 4, 2017
Someone wanted a video?

It's not perfect, I only noticed that I broke the engine GUI somewhat while filming, but was too lazy to redo the video.

edit:

I have no idea. Maybe? I haven't looked at Forge in 1.8 at all.

I was thinking of something like that already. That would be a generated structure in an asteroid belt. We'll see if I manage to do this.

Sounds possible per se. I can imagine some sort of a "probe launcher" block which can be activated if you are in an orbit, and then it does stuff for you. The question is whenever I would manage to make it look "nice", with an actual probe taking off and stuff (technically, the block would be just generating the resources out of nothing)

Hmm. Maybe? I myself had the idea that at some point, you could build a beacon of sorts which would summon a hostile mothership into the orbit around whereever you currently are as a sort of boss fight. You would have to board it, destroy it, then rush back to your rocket or jump off before it deorbits. If I manage to do that per se, I suppose instead of "Hostile mothership full of aliens" I could also generate it in the form of "huge multiblock alien creature"

mh, not sure about this one. I have been considering some sort of a startrek-like teleporter, but I think being able to recall from anywhere is quite overpowered. I was thinking more like: you build a teleporter on your ship, go down to a planet, and, while on the surface and not underground, you can use a remote to beam yourself up

Do you know if people are able to land their ships on the planet? If not do plan to add that feature? Lastly what is custom mothership block for?

SpaceLite

Aug 1, 2016
@pra ,Or questions such as fly to other systems? In the interface says that "size 1"? Are or will be the engines of large size? And how to build them?

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    161.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_5.png
    Screenshot_5.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 13

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
At the moment, you need one engine with a size of about 6, and 30 buckets of fuel in there. You make them bigger by using more engine base blocks behind the jet:
2017-01-06_23.20.18.png

Also:
AmunRa-GC-0.2.8
== Version 0.2.8 ==
- added default mothership structure
- made radioisotope generators temperature dependent
- disabling the create mothership button until the server responds
- added autoselection after MS creation
- improved the mothership selection GUI, added display of fuel reqs, among others.
- slightly adjusted the engines, now each base block gives +100 AU/h to the speed
- engines display their speed in the GUI

With the new version, each engine base block gives:
+ 100 AU/h to speed
+ 100kg to thrust
+ 10 Buckets of tank capacity

having one engine should be enough, multiple engines are only necessary for large ships. That will probably change, though.

pra

Mar 7, 2015
Overworld
aaand another build:
AmunRa-GC-0.2.9

I felt like adding some items, so I did.

== Version 0.2.9 ==
- added schematic ID verification: AmunRa will now crash if the configured IDs for the Shuttle schematics are already in use by another mod.
- gave the radioisotope generators 3 outputs
- added thermoregulation suit (goes into the thermal padding slots)
- added a 'multiscanner': will output the gravity, thermal level, solar level and atmospheric composition of your current planet
- entities which are in the way of an active mothership engine now get damaged
- mothership engines no longer work if obstructed (aka, have blocks blocking the output)

Attachments

• 2017-01-08_01.09.02.png
    2017-01-08_01.09.02.png
    299.9 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: dimion123
Status
Not open for further replies.