Can't find help from the Wiki? Please let us know!

Discussion in 'General' started by Douglas_Fresh, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Douglas_Fresh

Douglas_Fresh Member

...and updated the Overworld ores' generation stats. Hopefully that will eliminate the "confusion" about where to look for silicon ore :D

2. radfast

radfast Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey guys. I've not forgotten the need to make some block and icon images for use in the wiki.
    If there's anything else I can do to help with new wiki pages for GC3 please say. I hope the Release Notes and various of the discussions on Github are useful. I can maybe write an outline of all the different gases too, but best I focus my time on coding and bugfixing this week.

Ezer'Arch likes this.
  3. GamerARK13

GamerARK13 Member

Can you go beyond the asteroids or is there gonna be another even larger rocket to travel or a colder one to get to mercury and venus? :).

4. Douglas_Fresh

Douglas_Fresh Member

Only time will tell. As of right now the Asteroids dimension is the furthest you can go to, but there is a whole heck of a lot in outer space that I'm sure will be able to visit in the future.

5. Douglas_Fresh

Douglas_Fresh Member

Somebody else just had a question as well about what other dimensions you can travel to. I may add notes about the other planets that are visible in the planet selection screen to specify which ones are or are not currently available.

#85 Douglas_Fresh, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    MoltonMontro likes this.
  6. GamerARK13

GamerARK13 Member

Thanks for the help l, cant wait to find out.

What are spin thrusters for exactly?

#86 GamerARK13, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2014
  7. Douglas_Fresh

Douglas_Fresh Member

If you attach a couple to the side of your space station, it will begin to rotate.

Here's a good description from radfast:

#87 Douglas_Fresh, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  8. GamerARK13

GamerARK13 Member

Thanks again

9. MoltonMontro

MoltonMontro Member

Because I have no actual understanding on how to edit the wiki, these pages lack updates.

http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Tier_3_Rocket_Schematic (Still has information for GC2, calling it unobtainable.)
    http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Galacticraft_3 (There's a GalactiCraft 2 Update page, but not a GalactiCraft 3.)
    http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Galacticraft_2 (Behind on some of the added features in later GC2 versions.)
    http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Asteroid_Belt (I couldn't find a page for it.)
    http://wiki.micdoodle8.com/wiki/Planet_Selection_Screen (Doesn't include Asteroid Belt.)

Might be better to update the wiki after GC3 is no longer in Beta. (But personally I find the wiki difficult to navigate, even with the search bar. The main page for the GC wiki should include more information.)

10. GamerARK13

GamerARK13 Member

I agree with MoltenMontro

11. Douglas_Fresh

Douglas_Fresh Member

Yeah there is a lot to add now, but as you said I want to wait before adding everything in case things get changed by the time it's no longer in beta. Having said that, I appreciate the input on what you see...especially Galacticraft 2 stuff that needs to be updated.

12. radfast

radfast Administrator
    Staff Member

Nothing will be changed or removed which is currently in the GC3 Beta - at least, I'd be extremely surprised. Apart from fixing things, going forward we plan only to be adding things.

MoltonMontro likes this.
  13. Douglas_Fresh

Douglas_Fresh Member

Time to get started :D

#93 Douglas_Fresh, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    MoltonMontro likes this.
  14. Douglas_Fresh

Douglas_Fresh Member

I just made a handful updates/additions and there is still SO much to add!! And some of those will even still need to be refined. Just trying to get most of the bulk of general information added for now.

#94 Douglas_Fresh, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    MoltonMontro likes this.
  15. RamiLego4Game

RamiLego4Game Member

How to use laser beam ?

16. Ezer'Arch

Ezer'Arch Administrator
    Staff Member

17. Douglas_Fresh

Douglas_Fresh Member

I'm really happy to try and help everyone, but in order to keep this particular thread a little more organized could we please try to keep the content more specific to questions, suggestions, or concerns about the Wiki and the content of its pages? I would appreciate it.

I understand there is a lot of new content to learn about (I'm still learning, myself), but if we could kindly try to limit posts regarding the "how do I?" or "how does this work?" type of questions.

Again, I'm happy to help as much as possible, I would just prefer not all of it is asked in this thread. Would it perhaps be better to have a sort of temporary GC3 Support thread or to use one of the existing GC3 release threads? At least until the Wiki gets a significant amount of updating done?

18. GamerARK13

GamerARK13 Member

If you don't mind ne asking is there any other functionality for the space station besides being a personal base with a radical view

19. MoltonMontro

MoltonMontro Member

Not that I know of, can I repeat the answers you gave? I guess on Multiplayer it would serve as a safe hideout and storage if you don't want to have items stolen or be griefed.

20. GamerARK13

GamerARK13 Member