For those who wish to have Galacticraft 2.0.12+ with FTB Monster 1.1.1

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
Here is a small zip file to help with getting Galacticraft Versions 2.0.12 or higher to work with Feed The Beast Monster Mod pack. I have included a copy of DragonAPI that has the API removed for Galacticraft as per instructions from this page:

http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...es-server-crash-on-login-but-gc-related.3906/

There are various other butchery tweaks that I have made to the config files that will help allow Galacticraft 2.0.12 and hopefully higher (until GC3) to work with all the mods in the pack. I hope this helps someone, because I know the frustrations I have had trying to do this without help.

THANK YOU RADFAST! Without whom I would have never made it this far and would have abandoned Galacticraft a long time ago. Appreciate your dedication to helping everyone out!

https://mega.co.nz/#!hRsBnSjR!V8CiCHKeLEFcPNpwBMfHwxIIGlwTNMOFcR6pvGBnvtg

Seems the file is too big to upload to the web site, but shouldn't be too hard to download.

Reactions: radfast

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
@radfast In an email that I received that contained the original text of your last post, you had this to say:

General note: recent Galacticraft versions offer you the option to set some "static dimensions" in the config. This is intended to help with some of the tougher-to-solve dimension issues with other mods and Bukkit plugins. So, space stations are dynamically loaded dimensions - the dimension only exists on the server when a player is actually in the space station. Some other mods, and Bukkit plugins (including the basics like Essentials /home or /tpa commands, but strangely not /back) can't figure that out. If you register the space stations as "static dimensions" in Galacticraft's config, it should help.

The latest 2.0.13 builds of Galacticraft also offer the option for server owners to disable space station creation completely. For maximum dimension stability, you could also have your server staff create one or two "public" space stations while the server is white-listed, set those as static dimensions, then disable space station creation. (Players who want to make their own space station can, I guess, build out to another spot in the space station dimension and start a space station there, same as they would if they want to build far out in The End. Or if the player can't be bothered to build out, admins could create a building spot anywhere in space using the /up 1 trick.)

OMG now we can try and see if we can just set static dimensions, due to recent server changes added in bukkit+forge (yes MCPC+ and multiverse) and so this will be great now I can set the dimensions statically and not fret anymore!

Thanks again for your endless care and attempts at helping me with these very confusing issues. As always making my life easier so I can quit foolin with a server and play on it. Thank you for your deep insights as always @radfast!

EDIT: It seems from reading the config file, the proper command to set spacestation dimensions loaded statically is the command on the console (or in MineCraft) "/gckeeploaded", is this an accurate statement? I never saw a setting in the Galacticraft core.config file.

EDIT 2: /gckeeploaded is fine, until I run into the problem the dimensions won't generate, each time we attempt to try to go there, before the dimension is supposed to load it crashes the server. That's why we are unable to create spacestations in the first place. Is there any way to actually SET these spacestation dimensions as a seperate dimension instead of loading dynamically between DIM ID: -27 and -26?

P.S. We are on GC 2.0.13.1063

EDIT 3: Server crashed and burned again. This time, pops said he could see the earth but he was not standing on anything, then it kicked him off.

This time, I actually have some info related to this error (which I couldn't seem to find before bukkit but here it is):
[SEVERE] A critical error occured handling the onPlayerLogout event with player tracker net.quetzi.morpheus.MorpheusT
racker
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.quetzi.morpheus.MorpheusTracker.onPlayerLogout(MorpheusTracker.java:22)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.registry.GameRegistry.onPlayerLogout(GameRegistry.java:432)
at net.minecraft.server.management.ServerConfigurationManager.disconnect(ServerConfigurationManager.java:398)
at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72565_c(NetServerHandler.java:297)
at net.minecraft.server.management.ServerConfigurationManager.func_72392_r(ServerConfigurationManager.java:1627)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71260_j(MinecraftServer.java:580)
at org.spigotmc.RestartCommand.restart(RestartCommand.java:68)
at org.spigotmc.WatchdogThread.run(WatchdogThread.java:139)

So something to do with Morpheus, i'll go fiddle around and see if I can come up with something first. Beat ya to it, @radfast!

EDIT 4: Yeup beat ya to it, it's the mod that allows 50% of the people on the server to go to sleep and change the time to day time. If there is ANY way around this other than completly disable it, would be appreciated!

Last edited:

TheWhiteTyger

Jan 28, 2014
FTB Monster 1.1.2 does not seem to yet work with GC 2.0.13.1063 however I am in NO hurry to try to upgrade. I am fine where we are for the moment. Just wanted others to know.

radfast

Staff member
Apr 27, 2014
I moved that dimensions info into a new thread of its own: http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...n-dimensions-a-thread-for-server-admins.4044/

Looks like you have the static loaded dimensions section of core.conf now, as your edit mentions dimensions -26 and -27. If anyone else reading this needs more info on what core.conf should look like here, see that other thread.

Normal behaviour when any player presses the "Create Space Station" button: on the server, Galacticraft will ask Forge for the next available free dimension number starting at 2 and rising, then will create a dimension with that number - for example it will make a DIMSPACESTATION_2 folder in the /world save folder. More info on that other thread (see my post on how to delete a space station).

Sounds like your admin certainly made it to the space station dimension, if he could see the earth from above. Galacticraft will place the player at y=65 and also create a basic space station by placing blocks around that spot, but it can take a few ticks before the blocks are there. And a few seconds after that, a parachest will land on the 'balcony' section of the space station. If he didn't even see the blocks then it seems something crashed out just 1 or 2 ticks after your admin entered the dimension. I'm happy to look at this some more tomorrow but need to sleep now.

For you to try: (1) set the Bukkit.yml to keep all GC dimensions loaded, see other thread. (2) figure out which dimension your admin created and edit GC config to set it to static. (3) look for the event which triggered the disconnect, it must have been prior to that Morpheus error because that error is when the server is already disconnecting the player. My guess: the Morpheus error is because the dimension is already unregistered by the time Morpheus does its logout thing, if the player leaves it would only take 1 tick for the dimension to be unregistered if there is no machinery there causing ongoing chunk loading.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheWhiteTyger