AugiteSoul

May 15, 2016
The first time I tried the mod, it was bad.

-the planets are unrealistic
-all the same(except for liquid lakes and structures). The worldgen code also seemed to be EXACTLY THE SAME for ALL BODIES. The same blocks were at the same place.
-the sun has the same size everywhere, althrough the glow looks nice ^^
-redundant, so much that this word isn't enough; nearly all the bodies are already made by LOTS of add-ons. I'll take Venus for example: More Planets, Galaxy Space and - even vanilla GC is doing it!
-again, the gas giants are completely unrealistic.
-okay, doing space stations everywhere is a good idea, but why would it need different items?
-solar panels who generates energy EVERYTIME? SERIOUSLY? it's OP as hell.
-quantity over quality. look at Amun-Ra. not that much content, but high quality.

Good things, because there's that in everything:
-you added Eris, yay!

So, what should you do?
Look at other add-ons. Those have waay les content, but are better. Why? Quality and originality. Each of your bodies are nearly the same, except different mobs, ores, and required rocket/padding. You're also doing content that is being done by the majority of add-ons. Make things that other developers haven't made yet!

Maxxxel2

Apr 12, 2017
Hi there i have a problem, im running a vServer with MC 1.7.10 + Forge (latest) and your ExtraPlanets Mod, i get 2 ID conflicts from it: -17 and -39, i changed them in the config file already, but everytime i start the server the file gets overwritten with the default one :/

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
Preview of new custom model rockets & Tier 2/3 Launch Pads (Will be for 1.7.10 very soon and then 1.8+ later on, Note: The texture of the rockets are just temporary for my testing. Proper textures will be made for release version)

2017-04-11_15.43.14.png

Credit for custom models: @LegendGamer

Last edited:
Reactions: LegendGamer

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
The first time I tried the mod, it was bad.

Thanks for your input, You can help make it better by giving more suggestions. and i noticed you said you found some bugs. I cant find and know about all bugs if no one is prepared to report them. It seems like your overjudging something you can improve by just helping me out with your bugs you found & what you would like to find the mod. All people have different thoughts and ideas of what is good and what they enjoy.

So i would like to know how i can make this addon better for you?

Response to your comments:
-the planets are unrealistic - Its minecraft so its unrealistic from the core game
-all the same(except for liquid lakes and structures). - Not the same blocks or liquids
-the sun has the same size everywhere, - It doesnt
-redundant, so much that this word isn't enough; nearly all the bodies are already made by LOTS of add-ons. I'll take Venus for example: More Planets, Galaxy Space and - even vanilla GC is doing it! - I started my addon before most of them you listed
-again, the gas giants are completely unrealistic.- Its minecraft so its unrealistic from the core game
-okay, doing space stations everywhere is a good idea, but why would it need different items? - Its like to so progression and the mod feels more balanced
-solar panels who generates energy EVERYTIME? SERIOUSLY? it's OP as hell. - Modded minecraft is op in general, its not a issue. Plus you can turn them off via config
-quantity over quality. look at Amun-Ra. not that much content, but high quality. - I go for both

Hi there i have a problem, im running a vServer with MC 1.7.10 + Forge (latest) and your ExtraPlanets Mod, i get 2 ID conflicts from it: -17 and -39, i changed them in the config file already, but everytime i start the server the file gets overwritten with the default one :/
Are you changing them on the server side or client? as the changes need to be changed on the server side...

Last edited:

Clein

Apr 13, 2017
Stuck on Jupiter.
Lighting Keeps killing my rocket before i can take off.
Tried using Don's Lighting Rod mod, 4 of em on each side of my building. Didn't help.
Don't want to use teleport doors, cause then whats the point of a rocket mod.

ExtraPlanets-1.5.7.jar
1.7.10 - till AE2 updates.

Thanks for reading

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
Stuck on Jupiter.
Lighting Keeps killing my rocket before i can take off.
Tried using Don's Lighting Rod mod, 4 of em on each side of my building. Didn't help.
Don't want to use teleport doors, cause then whats the point of a rocket mod.

ExtraPlanets-1.5.7.jar
1.7.10 - till AE2 updates.

Thanks for reading
I will see what i can do to sort that out :D, Thanks for the bug report

Edit: You can use /dimensiontp in the meantime to change planets (Cheats need to be enabled, you can do this by pressing pause and open to lan)

AugiteSoul

May 15, 2016
Thanks for your input, You can help make it better by giving more suggestions. and i noticed you said you found some bugs. I cant find and know about all bugs if no one is prepared to report them. It seems like your overjudging something you can improve by just helping me out with your bugs you found & what you would like to find the mod. All people have different thoughts and ideas of what is good and what they enjoy.

So i would like to know how i can make this addon better for you?

Response to your comments:
-the planets are unrealistic - Its minecraft so its unrealistic from the core game Seriously? I don't really care about the mobs, but making gas giants solid planets is BAD.
-all the same(except for liquid lakes and structures). - Not the same blocks or liquids The only difference.
-the sun has the same size everywhere, - It doesnt As far as I remember, it does in space stations.
-redundant, so much that this word isn't enough; nearly all the bodies are already made by LOTS of add-ons. I'll take Venus for example: More Planets, Galaxy Space and - even vanilla GC is doing it! - I started my addon before most of them you listed Okay.
-again, the gas giants are completely unrealistic.- Its minecraft so its unrealistic from the core game Again, GC is meant to be at least a little realistic. What would you say if GC had rainbow unicorns floating in the Moon?
-okay, doing space stations everywhere is a good idea, but why would it need different items? - Its like to so progression and the mod feels more balanced Okay, I agree with you on this one. But the blocks in the space stations should be at least different.
-solar panels who generates energy EVERYTIME? SERIOUSLY? it's OP as hell. - Modded minecraft is op in general, its not a issue. Plus you can turn them off via config You're wrong. Not every mod is OP and unbalanced. The panels are, through.
-quantity over quality. look at Amun-Ra. not that much content, but high quality. - I go for both You're right, only for one side.

Clein

Apr 13, 2017
Might be by design, but ill mention it anyhow.
PSA? Probably best not to afk at Jupiter.

The lighting can hit me while in my house.
Tower is mostly made of Iron blocks.
Windows are Quartz Glass - 1 ring around the entire Y-axis of the tower.
Roof goes Jupiter Sub-Surface,Obsidian,Iron block, tried to adapt after getting the shit
shocked out of me when i went for a drink :)

Still gets me.
Error: The image i attached is before triple layered the roof.
The open part your looking at is just the landing pad,
The house part is under that.

No response Required.
Just info.

Attachments

• 2017-04-13_04.11.53.png
    2017-04-13_04.11.53.png
    1,012.6 KB · Views: 10

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
Might be by design, but ill mention it anyhow.
PSA? Probably best not to afk at Jupiter.

The lighting can hit me while in my house.
Tower is mostly made of Iron blocks.
Windows are Quartz Glass - 1 ring around the entire Y-axis of the tower.
Roof goes Jupiter Sub-Surface,Obsidian,Iron block, tried to adapt after getting the shit
shocked out of me when i went for a drink :)

Still gets me.

No response Required.
Just info.
No problem, i've made changes to make this easier for you and the other players :D

Maxxxel2

Apr 12, 2017
Are you changing them on the server side or client? as the changes need to be changed on the server side...
surely serverside, thats wh i dont know what the problem is.
if i dont change anything i get message for 2 space stations around Mars, and if i disable one i get message, that i miss space station Mars.
i always create new world after each change of config to try the settings.

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
surely serverside, thats wh i dont know what the problem is.
if i dont change anything i get message for 2 space stations around Mars, and if i disable one i get message, that i miss space station Mars.
i always create new world after each change of config to try the settings.
Please send me a copy of your log, with the config stuff changed

(Link the file dont copy and paste the whole log here)

Apr 16, 2017
Neptune an Uranus are supposed to be water planets. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm only suggesting that you could have an ocean with a sea floor with aquatic alien life and/or plant life and then some ores, dungeons, materials, etc. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but hey, I'm one for a good adventure

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
Neptune an Uranus are supposed to be water planets. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm only suggesting that you could have an ocean with a sea floor with aquatic alien life and/or plant life and then some ores, dungeons, materials, etc. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but hey, I'm one for a good adventure
Multiple biome planets is a coming soon feature :D thanks for your input though :D

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
1.7.10 Version:
v1.6.0 is available, check change log for details.

Main new feature:

ad8ed3d81f28773eb3c159f0edf26591.png

MJRLegends

Mar 13, 2015
1.7.10 Version:
v1.6.1 is available, check change log for details.

1.7.10 Version:
v1.6.2 is available, check change log for details.

Last edited: